Friday, July 8, 2011

Camping & Biking

Brady and I have been married now for four years and have been together for a total of eight.  (Time really flies.)  In these eight years I have avoided doing something that Brady really likes to do that I was not always fond of.

That would be camping.

This may or may not surprise you but I'm not exactly an outdoorsy type of person.  I'm going with that probably did not surprise you.  Brady finally convinced me to camp when Autumn and Nick asked us to go to Muscatatuck Park in North Vernon, Indiana.  Nick is involved with DINO bike racing.  DINO stands for Do INdiana Off road.

We left on Friday (July 1) to drive to Muscatatuck.  We stopped at Arby's for dinner and then made it to our campsite.  We got everything set up, grilled a few brats, and then went to bed.  We had a big day ahead of us.

On Saturday we got up, made breakfast, and then watched Nick in the short track race.  He didn't think he did the greatest, but I think he did a heck of a lot better than I would ever do!  After the race, we had lunch and rested up.  We went kayaking that evening.  This was an interesting adventure!  We had SO much fun!   Autumn brought a waterproof camera along, and I cannot wait to get these pictures back!  Nick hoarded the camera a bit, but I'm sure he got some good shots!  :)  The best moment of the day, by far, had to be when Brady got out of his kayak.  He slipped on a rock (the river was very low; it probably didn't even go past my knees) and went under!  I wish I could have rewound it and played it again!

Here are a few shots my first weekend camping:







Sunday was the big race.  It was so neat watching all of the bikers take off.  The race was only a total of three laps, but they were long!  Nick did a great job.

I think all of the men and women who do a DINO race deserve a big ole hug because some of those hills were pretty steep.  I am glad that I didn't see them coming down some of them!

After his race, Kadance took a nap and then we packed everything up to head home.  We almost missed the storm, but we got caught up in it when we got to Celestine.  Even though we had a lot of fun, it was good to be home.

My first camping weekend was a success.  Brady's even convinced me to go again next weekend.  We're going with my cousin and her family, so it should be a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment