Sunday, August 14, 2011

Catching Up

It's been a while since I last posted, and it is because we have been busy!

Last weekend was the big Strassenfest celebration here in Jasper!  We had so much fun!  I don't have too many pictures, but here are a couple.




I also walked the Wettlauf (foot race) 5K race on Saturday morning.  I walked with my sister-in-law, Autumn.  I decided to support my friend (and new cousin!) Lori's Dad, Terry Seitz, in his bid to become the new mayor of Jasper.  A bunch of Lori's friends and family walked in memory of their mother, Ann Seitz, who passed away last Thanksgiving.  It was so sweet to see all of the "We ran 4 Ann because we can" shirts.


Then on Sunday we attended the parade.  Autumn lives on the parade route.  Since she is so awesome, she went and put chairs and their canopy out on the curb at six a.m. so that we all had a place to sit.  Thanks, Autumn!  It was perfect.  




  

As if the parade wasn't enough excitement for one day, we were invited to go swimming at Brady's Dad, Woody's house.  Woody and Marilyn were very nice to let Trevor and Kendall come along.  They had so much fun.


That brings us to a week ago today.  The past week was filled with the usual tasks that come with owning a house.  But today we got to welcome home my cousin, Nathan, home from basic training for the US Marines.  I forgot my camera, but we are so proud of you Nathan!  

No comments:

Post a Comment