Monday, March 14, 2011

St. Patty's Day

Hi!  My name is Lacey, and I love St. Patrick's Day.
I grew up in a small town called Ireland, Indiana.  It is only natural to me that St. Patrick's Day is sorta a big deal.  When I was younger, our small town had a big celebration for our favorite holiday.  There was a parade on Sunday and a lip sync contest following the parade.  The weather was almost always horrible, so they stopped the celebration.  Then last year, they brought it back.  Ireland is a town of only about 1000 people (or less), so when they brought it back, we knew it would be great.

I'm so happy they decided to bring back the celebration.  This year I participated in the Irish Trot 5K race (I walked.  I'm not an overachiever.), browsed the small craft show, voted for Mayor for a Day (I'm a little upset that Kurt "By Golly" Brescher didn't win), and attended the parade.
My little buddies have decided that they also enjoy St. Patrick's Day!
 I'll share a few of my pictures from the parade. 
The kids thought these $1 million dollar bills were real.  Trevor couldn't believe it, and Kendall said that she was going to take her money to Wal-Mart to buy a new Barbie. 

St. Patrick's Day in Ireland was great!  I can hardly wait until next year!
Don't forget to wear green on Thursday or else someone might pinch you!

No comments:

Post a Comment