Friday, May 13, 2011

Central Green

I decided to surprise Trevor tonight with a date to Los Bravos.  I went to pick him up and he wasn't all that thrilled to be going along.  We played around at their house for a while.  They even fought over who got to sit by me on the couch.  Trevor's defense for sitting next to me was, "She's not YOUR godmother!"  Anyway, once he got on board, we went and picked up Brady (he had just got home from work), and we drove to Jasper to enjoy a little Mexican food.  We enjoyed our meal!  We saw a few people we knew and when we were eating, Trevor mentioned how he would like to have some ice cream.  Since I cannot say no to my little man, guess who won?  As we were driving to the Dairy Queen, we drove by Central Green, a semi-new green space where the old Jasper Middle School used to be.  The space was made possible by the family of a Jasper couple who passed away.  They wanted there to be a space in the middle of town for children to come, run, and play.  It is a gorgeous park.

When this park was in the planning phase, there was an article in The Herald that said you could donate money and put a bench or picnic table in the park.  You could donate the money in memory of someone, in honor of someone, or just from yourself.  Mom and Dad decided to donate a bench in memory of Dean since he attended middle school there.  The park was finished last fall but we haven't had a chance to go out and look at it.  We decided to stop by the park today to look at the bench.  I'm glad I brought my camera because, as I said before, this park is GORGEOUS.







This bench was in memory of a good friend of mine.  I miss her so much.  


As we were sitting there enjoying our Dairy Queen treats, Trevor told me that he really likes it at this park.  I think he knows that it is a special place.  We had such a good evening together.  These nights make me very thankful to have both of my little buddies in my life.  

On another note, I want to ask for you to say a special prayer for a family in Celestine.  In October of last year, their 16 year old son was killed in an ATV accident and the father was killed in a motorcycle accident tonight.  My heart aches for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment