Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love to bake and, even more so, I like to get others to enjoy baking.  I may not be the best and I am certainly no Buddy from Cake Boss, but I tend to think I'm pretty good at it.  So it only seems natural that I try to pass my love for baking onto my 5 year old niece, Kendall.  

Trevor and Kendall are on Christmas vacation and, since I am still on medical leave from work, we decided to have a sleepover last night.  It was a lot of fun!  We watched Despicable Me, saw the end of Back to the Future on AMC, and read a few books before going to bed.  When I asked them what they wanted to do today, their response was that they wanted to make chocolate chip cookies...from scratch. 

After a quick trip to the grocery store (where we picked up other essential items such as Toy Story 3 gummi snacks, peanut butter M&Ms, and original M&Ms), we came home to start our cookies.  After a quick visit by Grandpa Ed to help fix something, we were off.  I do not have any pictures from the actual baking of the cookies.  Why, you may ask?  It's because I was doing all the baking while my 2 little helpers were doing this: 


Kendall is playing on the iPod, and Trevor is playing the Wii.  So much for them wanting to make the cookies.  :)

Our cookies ended up turning out very well and, as Kendall put it, they were the "best cookies ever."  (No, I didn't even have to pay her to say that.)  

Here is our finished product:

I think they turned out pretty well.  We've already delivered some to Denise who is working up at church today.  Kendall made a sign that said "Made with Love," and Trevor walked in saying "Cookie delivery!"  

It was a pretty good day with my little buddies.  


No comments:

Post a Comment