Tuesday, April 12, 2011

DC Fun: Day 3

Day three of our visit came on Tuesday.  Jodi dropped us off at Arlington National Cemetery again so that we could catch our Tourmobile back into DC to visit three of the Smithsonian Museums.  We decided to see the Air and Space Museum, Museum of Natural History, and the Museum of American History.  I had never been to any of the Smithsonian Museums before.  (This was my first trip to DC.)  Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the Air and Space Museum.




We had lunch at the Air and Space Museum and then walked over to the Museum of Natural History.  I loved all three of the museums that we visited, but I have to admit that the Museum of Natural History was my favorite.  I loved that as soon as you walked in there was a life size elephant.  


Brady and I enjoyed the movie Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, which I'm not sure if it is something we should fully admit to, and the movie takes place in this museum.  There were a bunch of cool exhibits here.  




Jodi and Will love this museum, so she had some good tips for us.  She remembered that on Tuesdays, the Butterfly House was free!  We went to the second floor, and we were not disappointed.  It was beautiful!



I only posted a few of the photos that I took.  I could have stayed in there longer, but it was a bit warm.  The butterflies love the warmth.  Speaking of warm weather, remember when I said that I got a nice sunburn the other day?  Well the picture of Brady and I in the butterfly house pretty much shows you why I was disappointed that I forgot my sunscreen. 


Needless to say I will never forget sunscreen again.  :) 

After the Museum of Natural History, we walked about a block to the American History Museum.  I was really looking forward to this one.  I could not wait to see Dorothy's ruby slippers, the original Kermit the Frog, and the exhibit on First Ladies Inauguration Gowns.  I was not disappointed.  




The dress belonged to Michelle Obama during President Obama's inauguration.  

Our plans for tomorrow are to stay in Shirlington Village and play with Will.  I'm pretty sure it will be a great day.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you all are having such a great time!

    ReplyDelete